Strengths & Weaknesses
- Efficient – People with the ENTJ personality type (Commanders) see inefficiency not just as a problem in its own right but as something that pulls time and energy away from all their future goals, an elaborate sabotage consisting of irrationality and laziness. They will root out such behavior wherever they go.
- Energetic – ENTJ personalities approach their responsibilities with vigor and drive. This is not a type to shy away from busy schedules or complex challenges. In fact, the more they are able to accomplish throughout the day, the more energized they feel, and they will happily share this infectious enthusiasm for productivity with the people around them.
- Self-Confident – ENTJs generally make their opinions known, trust in their abilities to get things done, and believe in their capacities as leaders. They are the most likely personality type to say they feel confident facing life’s day-to-day challenges.
- Strong-Willed – People with the ENTJ personality type don’t give up when the going gets tough. Instead, they relentlessly strive to achieve their goals. Nothing is quite as satisfying to them as accomplishing something that they’ve set their mind to.
- Strategic Thinkers – ENTJ personalities exemplify the difference between moment-to-moment crisis management and navigating the challenges and steps of a bigger plan. They are known for examining every angle of a problem and not just resolving momentary issues but moving the whole project forward with their solutions.
- Charismatic and Inspiring – All of the strengths listed above combine to create individuals who are able to inspire and invigorate others, and this in turn helps ENTJs to accomplish their most ambitious goals, which could never be finished alone.
- Stubborn and Dominant – Sometimes all this confidence and willpower can go too far. ENTJ personalities are all too capable of digging in their heels, trying to win every single debate, and only pushing for their vision without considering the input of others.
- Intolerant – “It’s my way or the highway” – People with the ENTJ personality type are notoriously unsupportive of ideas that distract from their primary goals and even more so of ideas based on emotional considerations. They won’t hesitate to make that fact clear to those around them.
- Impatient – Some people need more time to think than others – an intolerable delay to quick-thinking ENTJ personalities. They may misinterpret contemplation as stupidity or disinterest in their haste – a terrible mistake to make.
- Arrogant – ENTJs respect quick thoughts and firm convictions and may look down on those who don’t match up. This is a challenge for most other personality types, who are perhaps not timid in their own right but will seem so beside this sometimes overbearing type.
- Poor Handling of Emotions – At times, ENTJ personalities can be distant from their own emotional expression and sometimes downright scornful of others’. People with this personality type often trample others’ feelings, inadvertently hurting their partners and friends, especially in emotionally charged situations.
- Cold and Ruthless – Their obsession with efficiency and unwavering belief in the merits of rationalism, especially professionally, make ENTJs fairly insensitive in pursuing their goals, dismissing personal circumstances, sensitivities, and preferences as irrational or irrelevant.